Your business deserves more than an average DIY Website Builders
Being in this business for a quite some time now, we’ve heard just about everything. One thing that comes up often is potential clients turning down a website proposal in favor of a DIY website builder like Wix, Weebly, or SquareSpace. There’s definitely a market for these and it makes sense for startup companies on a shoestring budget. Most of them are pretty easy to use and they will get you online quickly.
Just like many things in life though, you get what you pay for, or don’t pay for in this case. There are many reasons to avoid DIY website builders, but we’re going to give you our top 5 below.
- 1. Templates Versus Custom Website Design – “I’m just going to do it myself.” – With all of these DIY builders you choose a template that 100’s or 1000’s before you have picked, you add your logo, some pictures, some text, and voila…new website. So easy right? But, you put a lot of thought into your company before you decided to start it. Is your website sending out the right message? Does it appeal to your target market? Are you saying the right things to convert traffic into leads or sales? Chances are you are missing out on a lot of conversions which means you are missing out on a lot of revenue.
- 2. SEO and Design is Limited on Website Builders – “I can handle SEO. I’ve Googled it.” – With every DIY website builder, you only have access to so many parts of your site. You can’t get into the core files, you don’t own them, and you can’t move them when you’re ready. What that also means is you can’t properly optimize your site for search engines. At least not the way you can with a custom design on your own hosting account. You are also limited on design options and features. Doing it yourself equals lost rankings and lost revenue.
- 3. Scalability – “I think I’ve outgrown my site.” – As your company grows, you will have different needs. Can your website scale with your business? Most likely with a website builder, you are going to realize that the answer is no. Which means, wasted time building a website you aren’t going to keep on a platform that you will have to transfer. Anything you have built on the old website builder, you’ll have to recreate with your new web designer. If you have the budget, build your website the right way from the beginning.
- 4. UX (User Experience) – “Look how pretty my website is.” – Using a website builder, your UX will suffer. Why? Because you’re limited to your template and your likely limited design skills. Can you create graphics and edit photos like a professional? For most people, the answer is no. Google has a certain set of standards it likes to see with the way your copy is organized on a page as well and your rankings are partially determined by your website’s readability. There’s a lot more factors than just a nice looking site. A website has to give users a certain experience and feeling that will turn them into a customer.
- 5. Time is Money –“I give up. I need a professional!” – As a business owner, our time should be spent on growing the business, selling product, making relationships, etc. Business owners can be bogged down by so many things and wearing so many hats that the business suffers. It is time consuming to build your own website and try to figure out if you are doing things the right way.
Heard Enough? Allow Us to Create Your New Website!
Our team of experts at Fu Dog Media can handle your website makeover on your behalf. We will first identify your current areas of concern and then work directly with you to create a strategic plan to redesign and revamp it accordingly. Give us a call today so we can get started!