Gone are the days of the yellow pages, and in its place is the internet. 98% of those surveyed said that they use their mobile device to find what they need. And of those, almost all turn to Google to find local services and businesses to contact. If your website is outdated, lackluster, or it doesn’t contain the most effective SEO tools, you are missing out on significant opportunities to drive people not only to it but ultimately, to your business. These statistics prove a powerful point; investing in your website design is one of the best investments you can make to enhance your bottom line!
Web Design Facts for 2019
People Just Don’t Have the Attention Span Anymore – Website Design and First Impression
Instant gratification is what everyone is looking for whether they admit to it or not. If your website isn’t capturing their imagination, there is a good chance that it won’t capture their business. According to statistics:
- If you increase your website loading speed, you can prevent losing as much as 7% of possible customer conversions
- As many as 38% of internet users admit they will bounce to a new website if the layout or content doesn’t engage them or isn’t attractive
- 48% of those surveyed said that website design is the number one thing that either impresses them or doesn’t, about a company or business
- 47% of internet users expect a page to load in two seconds or less, or they get irritated and will move along
- If you give people 15 minutes to look at something, 57% of people surveyed said that they would happily browse through a website that is attractive and interactive
- 84% of people want to find the information necessary to contact a company or business on the homepage
- Also, 44% state that they will leave a website if they can’t easily find contact information
- 62% of companies who upgraded their website design to a more responsible mobile platform, enjoyed increased sales
- If internet users don’t find a mobile-friendly platform on their first search, 40% will go elsewhere
- 48% of Internet users admit that if a mobile website design doesn’t suit their needs and isn’t mobile friendly, it gives them the impression that a company doesn’t care about their reputation
Mobile Web Design Facts
Since more people are now using their smartphone to research on the internet than ever before, mobile-friendly designs are much more important. Consumers, on average, check their mobile device at least 150 times a day. So if you want to attract them, you have to target them where they live…their mobile devices!
- 72% of internet users insist that they want mobile-friendly designs
- 77% of all adults in America own a mobile phone
- Nearly 60% of all internet usage is done through a mobile device
- 50% of all e-commerce revenue generates from mobile platforms
- Internet usage grew 78% just between the years 2013 and 2015
- Two out of every three minutes that people spend online are spent on their mobile devices
Slightly less than half of all B2B products are researched for using mobile devices
Currently, as many as 91% of all small businesses don’t have a mobile-friendly design, despite the growing demand for it
If a person searches a company and lands on a non-mobile friendly website, they will go back and search for another one
Digital Marketing Website Design Facts
If you are going to spend the money to upgrade to a mobile-friendly design, it doesn’t make much sense if people can’t find you. That is why you need the additional help of a digital marketing campaign to get your newly updated website seen and used.
- 82% of internet users feel as if a company is more credible if they have custom content
- Your internet ranking can increase as much as 26% with better organic traffic tools
- 78% of internet users admit that a company’s social media significantly impacts their purchasing decisions
The brick and mortar retail shopping experience is nearly a thing of the past. And in its place, is e-commerce. E-commerce allows internet users to shop for what they want when they want. And users can also comparison shop to find the best price. But just like a storefront’s appearance had a significant bearing on how well it impressed consumers and swayed their purchasing decisions, your website is your new storefront and just as important. What does your digital storefront look like?
- When internet users research a product or business, 86% are looking for product information
- And 64% of them expect to readily find contact information. Also, 52% want to gain information about the company itself
- 59% of e-commerce buyers will engage in a website if it is attractive and the website design is well designed
- If offered free shipping, 8 out of ten surveyed said they would shop online over going to a brick and mortar
- If a website increases its speed from just eight to two seconds, you can convert 74% of customers who look to those who purchase
- 40% of cell phone and mobile users are searching for B2B products on their mobile devices
- 80% of internet users who use their mobile devices are researching retail content
So What is Your Website Design Doing for you?
Your website is your first, and sometimes your last, way to make an impression with a potential consumer. If you enhance loading speed and make it more attractive, you can significantly increase your bottom line. But only if you use the best SEO tactics to drive people to see your wonderfully designed site. At Fudog Media we understand how important website design is, and also how critical it is to make sure that internet users see your smart website investment. Contact us today to discuss how we can get you on the map and get those contacts driven to buy!